Odisha Police Recruitment 2018-19 – Check Exam Date, Online Form, Fee & Eligibility
Odisha State Selection Board has finally announced Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 notification, inviting eligible candidates for the posts of Constable (Male) in 17 Battalions and Civil Constable (Male/Female). The total number of vacancies for Constable (Male) is 2021 and for Civil Constable (Male/Female) is 1722. Interested candidates can start downloading the application forms from 2nd July, 2018. Odisha Police Civil Constable Exam will be held on 6th August, 2018. You can also download the official notification by directly clicking on the link given below.
In this article, we are going to discuss all the important factors of Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 like Important Dates, Vacancy, Application Fee, Eligibility Criteria etc.
Odisha Police Recruitment 2018-19 : Important Dates
Here is the table of all the important events with their respective dates. The date for admit card has not been announced yet. We will notify it here when it will get updated on the official website.
|Opening Date of Odisha Police Application Process||2nd July 2018. (10 AM)|
|Closing Date for Submission of Application Form||26th July 2018 (5.00PM)|
|Admit Card Date||To be notified later|
|Odisha Police Constable Exam Date 2018||6th August 2018.|
|Odisha Police Civil Constable Exam Date 2018||6th August 2018.|
Odisha Police Recruitment 2018-19 Vacancy
The total number of vacancies in Odisha Police Civil Constable Recruitment 2018 (Male/Female) is 1,722 while there are 2,021 vacancies in Odisha Police Constables Recruitment 2018 (Male).
|Odisha Police Civil Constable Recruitment 2018 (Male/Female)|
Odisha Police Constables Recruitment 2018 (Male)
There is no application fee for the candidates belonging to SC/ST category. On the other hand, students from all the other categories are required to pay Rs. 150/-.
NOTE:- For Odisha Police Constables application form, all the candidates are supposed to pay Rs. 50/-.as portal charge.
|General/OBC||Rs. 150 /-|
How to Apply for Odisha Police Recruitment 2018-19?
- Go to the official website of Odisha Police Department, i.e. odishapolice.gov.in
- Click on ‘Odisha Police Recruitment 2018 Notification’ pdf and carefully read all the information given.
- If you fulfill all the requirements, click on ‘Apply’ link and download an Application form of Police Recruitment in Odisha.
- Take a print out of the Application Form and fill all the necessary details.
- Attach your passport size photograph, and attest all the photocopies of the documents and certifications that have been mentioned in the official notification.
- Lastly, send the filled application form and scanned documents to the address offered below.
Address:-The concerned Superintendent of Police of the District as well as Commissionerate, Bhubaneswar.
Odisha Police Eligibility Criteria
1. Age Limit
Candidates who are interested in applying for Odisha Police Recruitment 2018-19 must have their age between 18 years to 23 years as on 01.01.2018. Candidates belonging from SC, ST & SEBC categories have an upper age relaxation upto 5 years.
2. Educational Qualification
Civil Constables (Male/Female)
- Candidates must have passed 12th or equivalent from the board of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha/ any other recognized Board.
- It is mandatory for all the interested students to be able to read, write and speak Odia and must have passed Odia as one of the subjects in their High School.
- A Group-D employee of Police Department must have completed 5 years of continuous service and have good service record with no criminal record.
- One must have passed 10th standard or equivalent conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha/ any other recognized board
- Students must be familiar with reading, writing and speaking Odia and must have passed Odia as one of the subjects in their High School.
3. Physical Measurement
Following are the physical requirements that every candidate has to fulfill depending on the gender and category they belong to. Students are advised to take a hard look on the tables given below:-
Civil Constables (Male/Female)
|1||Un-Reserved/ SEBC||84 Cm||79 Cm||168 Cm||55 Kg|
|2||Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe||81 Cm||76 Cm||163 Cm||50 Kg|
All the interested students will be tested through the series of exams listed below:-
- Physical Measurement and Physical Efficiency Test
- Driving Test
- Educational Achievements
- Sports Achievements
- National Cadet Corps Certificate (NCC)
- Written Test
Marks scored in all these tests will determine where a students will secure a job position in Odisha Police Department or not.
|Physical Measurement and Physical Efficiency Test||55|
|National Cadet Corps Certificate (NCC)||05|
This is the entire detailed description of Odisha Police Recruitment 2018-19. If you come across any doubt, kindly inform us through comment section.
All the best!